Top Tips for Getting Your Home Ready for Sale in the Fall
Whether it is fall or spring in your part of the world, and whether or not you are planning on selling your home any time soon, it is always a good idea to get a head start on cleaning and organizing your property for the season. We recently shared our tips to help you prepare a home for a sale. In our second blog of this series, we discuss how to increase your property's curb appeal ahead of placing it on the market:
- Mow the lawn. Landscaping is one of the easiest and cost effective ways to improve your home’s appeal and value. A 10- or 15-minute job of mowing the lawn can really improve your property’s appearance. .
- Don’t neglect the entryway. Whether it’s cleaning the porch or painting the front door, the entrance to your property is the first thing a prospective buyer notices, so make sure it looks its best.
- Clean all the windows. It not only improves the property’s exterior but guarantees prospective buyers have clear views from the inside.
- Ensure an evergreen appeal. It is easy to plant inviting flowers for the spring and summer, but if your property is on the marketing during the fall or winter months, consider planting well-maintained (but hardy) evergreen plants and shrubs.
- Consider exterior lighting. Well-placed exterior lighting on patios or paths can be very effective in creating a warm and welcoming property.
Keep It Simple Inside and Out
If a nice, simple fall cleaning checklist is what you are looking for, take a look at this comprehensive and easy checklist from Real Simple for cleaning your home, both inside and outside: Fall Cleaning Checklist.
Here are some additional resources to help you on your way to refreshing your home this fall: