Cartus has been offering move management services for more than 40 years. We handle approximately 60,000 shipments annually, making us one of the world’s leading third-party move managers. Because Cartus does not own or hold interest in a transportation company, we bring unsurpassed leverage to clients and customers thanks to the contractual, performance-based relationships we have with the domestic and international suppliers we work with on a global basis.
Using our patented eProcurement tool for international moves, we conduct a competitive bidding process among our top-performing network suppliers to achieve the best rates. Our supplier management and industry expertise make us uniquely qualified to provide objective oversight and cost reduction for you and your transferring employees.
Clients using our eProcurement tool for international moves save an average of 20-25% of their total freight forwarding costs, or approximately $6,000 on a typical three-year expatriate assignment (including repatriation and permanent storage).
MicroMoveSM: A Big Innovation in Small Shipments
Cartus is committed to providing clients and customers with innovative solutions to meet changing market trends. With small shipments* now making up more than 4 in 10 Cartus moves—a 23% increase over the past 10 years—MicroMoveSM stands as an industry-exclusive combination of process and partnership shown to:
- Expedite transit times through a more efficient containerization and transportation process
- Minimize claims and claim amounts through reduced handling and co-mingling
- Increase customer satisfaction by allowing customers to lock in specific load and delivery dates
- Simplify pricing while generating potential cost savings for Cartus clients
See below for the results of our successful pilot program, which has been rolled out to clients with small shipments in the United States.
* Less than 5,000 pounds and/or 3 or fewer rooms